Donald K. and Ann M. Lemon Scholarship
The basic qualifications for the Educational Leadership admitted student are:
- A person having a reputation of high moral character.
- A person having an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or above and having a graduate grade point average of 3.5 or above of a 4.0 scale.
- A person with a demonstrated commitment to educational excellence through effective teaching or leading.
- A person preparing for public school administration as a:
a) School Principal or Central Office School Administrator, or
b) Professor of School Administration, or
c) Higher Education Administration in either academic affairs or student services.
- A person intending to practice or teach educational leadership in:
a) North Dakota, or
In addition to these basic qualifications, the following preferences will apply:
- The scholarship is for a student who will be enrolled during the fall and spring semesters of an entire academic year.
- In alternating years the scholarship be awarded to a male, then a female.
- In every given year the following student selection level be applied:
a) First Preference-Doctoral Student;
b) Second Preference — Master’s Student
- At least once every third year the scholarship shall be awarded to a minority student:
a) First Preference — Native American Student;
b) Second Preference — Afro American Student;
c) Third Preference — Hispanic (nonwhite) Student;
d) Fourth Preference — Asian American Student. (The donors do not expect females to be classified as minority students since they are already covered in the previous preference.)
- If possible, the scholarship should be awarded to a person who needs financial assistance. (The donors understand that the preferences criteria identified may not always be able to be met exactly. The donors expect the department faculty to understand the intention of the preferences criteria expressed and apply them as well as is possible)