API - Williston Petroleum Engineering Scholarship
Allocations from the endowment will provide one scholarship for a student earning a petroleum engineering degree within the College of Engineering and Mines. The recipient must meet the following criteria:
- Have good academic standing
- Be a graduate of a high school in Burke, Divide, McKenzie, Mountrail or Williams Counties in North Dakota
- If no qualified applicants are available from the listed counties, the recipient shall be a graduate of a high school in one of the oil or gas producing counties in North Dakota
- If no qualified applicants are available from the listed counties, the recipient shall be a graduate of a high school in North Dakota.
- Preference shall be given to students with financial need.
The Donor also wishes for the recipient to contact the API – Williston to arrange to attend an API – Williston membership meeting to make a presentation consisting of a personal background, interest in the energy industry, impetus for pursuing petroleum engineering and future plans. The API – Williston will cover up to two nights’ lodging and mileage expenses for the recipient to attend.
- Department of Petroleum Engineering