Ralph Engelstad Underrepresented Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Be a first-time, full-time freshman at UND for the upcoming Fall semester.
- Have a 3.0 minimum high school GPA.
- Be TRIO-eligible (first generation college student and/or low-income as defined by TRIO eligibility guidelines).
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for upcoming academic year that opened October 1st. You can apply online at studentaid.gov
- Have a declared major: business, economics, engineering, computer technology & related studies, accounting, medicine, nursing, mathematics, physics, chemistry or biology
- Preference given to historically under-represented students (American Indian/Alaska Native, African American, Asian American, Hispanic American).
- Financial Need
- Academic Achievement
- Extracurricular Activities
- Leadership Ability
Amount and Duration of Award
- The amount of the award will be determined by the number of eligible applicants, up to $5,000 per year.
- The award is renewable. A student may receive a maximum of eight semesters of funding for undergraduate work leading to a first bachelor’s degree.
- Student must meet with a TRIO professional staff member at least twice each semester and academic advisor at least once each semester
- Complete a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Maintain or declare a major in one of the selected areas indicated in the award criteria
- Office of Student Finance
- Supplemental Questions
- To be considered for this scholarship, a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be on file by the scholarship deadline. Have you completed the FAFSA for the 2021-2022 academic year?
- Indicate what level of education has been completed by each parent.
- Essay Question: Please describe your educational and career goals, and how your leadership experiences will help you reach those goals. (500 words or less)
- Please fill in the name and email address of someone who is familiar with your extra-curricular and leadership activities that can recommend you for this scholarship. Their submissions will be confidential.